chapter five

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

another day another dollar

This past week was the first week of work at my new job with Perkins Eastman Architects. I spent the first day and a half going through orientation which was long and . My office is located on Fifth Avenue around 19th Street...right next to Victoria's Secret (good thing because I have a coupon for a free pair of underwear). The address is 115 Fifth Avenue and we occupy half of the 2nd floor, the entire 3rd floor (which spans from Fifth to Broadway), and now half of the 6th.

I will post pictures showing my typical day going going to work soon, but here's my schedule:

6:30 wake up to a sweltering hot house (Sam's mom is allergic to a/c) and get ready for work

7:30 pack lunch

7:45 Sam drops me off at Broad Avenue and I catch the 166 bus to NYC

8:20 I usually nap on the bus. We drive down the turnpike, through the Lincoln Tunnel, and then finally arrive at Port Authority.

8:30 I walk down 42nd street down a couple blocks past the Amsterdam Theater (Lion King) to the NRQW subway station which I take to Union Square, 14th Street.

8:45 I walk through the Farmers Market (except Tues and Thurs) up Broadway. Then I turn left at 19th Street and again at Fifth Avenue.

9:00 Start work day

1:00 Lunch

6:00 GO HOME

...walk...subway....walk....bus....walk....

8:00 dinner

11:00 SLEEEEP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home