chapter five

Monday, October 09, 2006

apple booty

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Alas, the past few weeks I've been feeling kinda dumpy, frumpy, lumpy, slumpy...plain ol umpy. Thankfully I have such a wonderful boyfriend, Sam, to cheer me up.

This past Saturday we went to see Fearless at the Multiplex Cinema at Edgewater. It is billed as Jet Li's final martial arts film, which is a little sad since his best films are in Chinese. Anyway, I'm not going to talk too much about it since I don't want to spoil it. I enjoyed it because there was some good action...I LOVE kungfu fights using weapons. I took one month of kung fu in college because a friend taught classes there. That was some pretty tough stuff man. Anyway, I didn't have the time to pursue, but i'd definately be interested in taking it again sometime. Just so I can learn me how to use them weapons!




On Sunday, Sam's mom suggested that we get off our lazy butts (even though we cleaned the entire house the day before) and go pick some apples. So we found an orchard in Warkwick, New York called Masker's Orchard. Oh, that place was sheer madness. Insanity I tell you! First off, don't go on a weekend...especially one that's really beautiful with wonderful warm weather and blue sky. That's when everybody from New Jersey (including us) drives up with family in tow, up to Route 17 and jam up the single lane highway all the bitter way to the entrance of Masker's Orchard. Once we entered the orchard the place was littered with parked cars, families, and apple carcases strewn over the ground. Boy was it fun.

We met up with Sam's friend, Candice, who was also really enjoying herself. She left with no apples and dumped the ones she picked on us. Here I am with my bag of apple booty! ARRRR...



Despite the chaos, we came out with a bag of some green appples, macintosh, and empire. We also left with 2 half gallon jugs of apple cider. Tastes exactly like their radio station says....like liquid apple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home